Shower re-grouting question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mosaic marble shower which after 7 years has started leaking. There are some small cracks in the grout around the drain

I put some silicon sealant in this area as a temporary measure and also to see where the leak was coming from - it's not the prettiest of jobs but the leak has stopped - so far so good.

So I guess I need to re-grout the area as a more permanent solution.
I believe I need to rake out the existing grout before putting in the new grout - is it ok to do this just in the area around the drain that I've highlighted in red here? Or do I need rake out in between the mosaic tiling which I'd really like to avoid doing?

Is there a specific type of grout that I should use? Easypoxy / microflex / epoxy / regular ?

I don't know if it's worth mentioning but tanking was put in underneath the shower when it went but I have doubts about the quality of the work. Also there is a little bit of flex in the floor which I know is far from ideal.

Any advice is appreciated - thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back