Tile adhesive & Mapei grout query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm re-grouting the floor on the wet room as the grout had cracked and water was getting through especially around the drain area.

1639080674670.jpg

Would someone be able to advise on a suitable adhesive or cement to use to re-fix a few 1" marble mosaic tiles in a wet room. I was thinking that maybe OB1 Multi-Purpose Sealant & Adhesive would be suitable? Something that cures/sets pretty quickly would be ideal.

The wet room is on a suspended timber floor so there is probably a bit of movement, is Mapei Ultracolor Plus Floor Grout likely to have enough flex for that?

Thanks

Here's what it looked like before I removed the grout (and dislodged a few tiles)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From a DIY point of view I've found BAL by far the best grout, they do a flexible one.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From a DIY point of view I've found BAL by far the best grout, they do a flexible one.
Thanks for the advice - I rang up the BAL support line and they advised the following;
BAL Max-Flex Fibre C2TS1 Tile Adhesive
BAL Micromax2 CG2WA Grout + additive BAL Admix GT1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Small update in case it's of use to anyone spotting this thread in the future.

The BAL Max-Flex Tile Adhesive worked a treat.

However buried in the instructions on the BAL Micromax2 Grout it says "Do not use shower for at least 2 weeks after completion of grouting". This was a deal breaker for me as I needed the shower back working sooner than that. So instead I used Mapei Ultracolor Plus Grout which can be used after 48 hours in a shower.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thus far I have not found any grout that lasts where there is movement. I hope yours does. It would be helpful if you could update this post in a few months.

I did once use silicone to temporarily "fix" the grouting cracks in a customer's wet room floor. I advised her that the whole lot needed lifting but she was having guests arriving soon. I removed all of the grout and replaced the whole lot with silicone. That was about 5 years ago but the shower is rarely used.