shower salamander pump pressure help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do i know what pump i need for my shower. The pump i was sold is a 1.5 bar. When i have the shower on, the pump pulses. When i turn the how water up on the shower it does not pulse, but when i turn it down it pulses or turns of all together.
I have checked all of the water gates and they are working fine. The main feed pipe is 22mm and the shower pipe is 15mm. The pump is sat almost level to the shower unit about half way up the wall and the main water to the pump is feed through the water tank in the loft.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

p.s. I did have a plumber round and just lookign at it he said it was because of all the bends in the pipework, but i have sorted this and it has made no difference. Do you think i might need a stronger pump ? How will i know what one to get ?

Sponsored Links
sounds like theirs air in the pipework thats not getting released.
i take it the pumps higher than the cylinder.

Sponsored Links
It is actually a little bit better than it was before. I just had a shower and it did not pulse as much. Infact, only when it started up.

The hot water comes of the top of the cylinder. The up pipe is 15mm and the down pipe is 22mm. The hot for the shower is on the 22mm pipe.

This is a photo when my plumber mate done it.
001-1.jpg

and this is after when i done it.

003-1.jpg

I tell you what. Looking at both of them set-ups. I know who i`d rather employ.

how kinked is the hot flexi ? if thats restriced in any way it will pump more than it can receive.

is that still under warranty from salamander ?

there is no kink at all, i checked that before fitting it, i guessed that would restrict the flow and it`s fine. The pump is about 1 month old.

salamander won't issue a warranty if it fails because of the set up.

whats it doing now only purge when you start it.

yes, and there is one online as well.
When i turn it on, sometimes if i mess about with the temp settings it will work ok for a whole shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back