Shower screens - BORING!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been trolling the web for any sites that sell some interesting shower screens. Nothing.

I'm leaning toward plain glass at the moment, but surely there is something more interesting than frosted patterns. Something like stained glass in Art Nouveau or Art Deco designs, stainless steel?

There must be something?

Sponsored Links
If you get really stuck you can buy a plain glass screen and etch it. This could be done by yourself by making a template (not sure what material you would use) and etching solution. This makes your pattern come out in a frosted-style but has the advantage you can have whatever pattern you want.

A glazing company may be able to help you, they often deal with all sorts of custom jobs. It won't be cheap!

Your best first stop is http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/ I reckon. They sell original antique plumbing fixtures and have a wonderful line in Art Deco taps. They don't have shower screens on their website but they might be able to advise you, can't hurt to ask.

ManhatBroadway4PanelSmall.jpg

See here
Folds neatly back to wall one section wide, have used in two refurbished bathrooms, appears to be well made and does not 'sag' ... in use by family of 4 ... is well (ab)used !!
Could probably apply some decorative finish to the single panel on view, when folded into stored position.
P

Sorry you misunderstood. Frosted/etched glass or the example shown is exactly what I DONT want.

There must be something more imaginative than what every B&Q sells?

Sponsored Links
Just thought that the folding one would give you less to peer at, getting closer to having no screen at all, therefore less boring ...

Price: £275.68 Including VAT from B&Q are you joking ?

P

Thanks pipme - I've seen plenty like that at a lot less than £100. Plumb centre do one.

She's looking to make a real feature of this thing - I think we will have something made - thanks though....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back