shower trap issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have uploaded a picture of my shower trap. It is around 8 years old I'd guess, it's in the floor of my wet room shower. There is a part missing as you can see, the tube that would seal/lock in at the perimeter and extend down into the cup to create a trap. This is the way our builder, bless him :( , left it. This didn't use to be an issue as the shower drain went out thru the wall and down the side of the house in it's own pipe to the drains at the back. That isn't legal, so while we are getting our current building done, I had them tap this into the soil pipe. NOW it is an issue as we are obviously getting smell back up through the shower drain.

I've been to the local plumber merchant and he didn't recognise the make from the picture, I can't seem to find any markings on any bits that I can get at. The diameter of the aperture is 90mm. I obviously don't want to rip up the wetroom to fit a new kit... though I will happily buy the whole trap kit for this one part if it is necessary... but can anyone help me on who makes this trap? Failing all else I'm going to have to try and manufacture something myself but someone hopefully can point me in the direction of the mfger or has seem this before?

As always, greatly appreciate any help anybody can provide me on this one.

Hmm, have never uploaded an image before... I think this is a link to my album with a picture of the trap .. titled shower trap //www.diynot.com/network/jogdial/albums/

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back