Shower tray removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to replace a deep green shower tray with a modern low lipped version.
Discovered that the step against the tray is concrete cast institute with what looks to be zinc ties disappearing into the plasterboard wall ! Also zinc between tray and concrete.
Concrete is 4" high , 4 deep and 760 wide and sits on chipboard floor as far as I can tell. Anyone met this before ? Had hopped would be timber or blocks but all one piece.
My time with a sledgehammer is well past so open to suggestions !

Sponsored Links
SDS with roto stop and a point and chisel. Always work towards an open space as it breaks up easier. Once you have created a few breaks in it it will fly up.

Jon

That was my thoughts too, unfortunately half an hour of effort including drilling a line of holes from the two open faces didn't quite cut it in half . Both the drill and me thought we were too hot to carry on . It seems to be a better concrete than they have layed in the drive ! May have to hire a demolition drill next ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back