Shower tray replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[/url]
9039-E975-D8-E7-4864-9651-5-BE5-AE5-FC0-F8.jpg
[/IMG] Hello
We recently acquired a late 1980s bungalow with a very small en-suite shower room. I need to make the shower more suitable for my wife who has restricted mobility. I intend laying a low profile tray (760x760x40mm) on to the screed and use a pumped waste. The shower cubicle is plasterboard on metal stud work and, as you can see, two layers of tiles! The plasterboard was a hard white core - moisture resistant in 1980s? The new tray will fit snugly between the timber foot plates with only about 5mm each side- not enough room to get a backer board in. Will it suffice to board down to the rim of the tray, add a bead of silicone, then replace tiles. I’m not entirely happy with this idea so what are the alternatives.
Regards
Don

Sponsored Links
I’m not sure you have many other options without knocking the space about.
I would use the approach you have suggested providing the tiles over hang the Tay and you can seal sufficiently

Sponsored Links
Hello foxhole
Thanks for your note. When you say seal, do you mean with silicone?
Regards
Don

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back