shower tray with legs!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a shower tray arrive this morning resin stone type with adjustable legs. The legs are literally a threaded bar has no feet or anyway of fixing to the floor i contacted the supplier who said this is standard and the base supports its own weight and no fixing to the floor or wall iss needed im just wondering if this is ok and i dont have to worry that its not going to be fixed!!!

Sponsored Links
Should have feet which adjust up and down the threaded bar so you can level it. Take it back as it is not fit for purpose! :rolleyes:

he said some plumbers use a bit of no nails to fix the bar to the floor sounds bodged to me lol do the feet that normally come with it have holes in them so u can screw them to the floor like a bath does

you got it.
as he said some plumbers
animated_anim3003.gif

Sponsored Links
As seco said.....feet with screw holes are the best.....any of these trays ive fitted i have put a heavy bed of silicone on the tray surfaces that touch the walls and then screwed down the front 2 feet as the back ones are near impossible to fix down......once the silicone sets the tray is solid.

i think the bloke is just trying to fob me off cus the feet look nothing like whats in the instructions hes coming out tommorow because hes got to drop me off the trap which he has forgot ! so ill tell him im not happy with them

no sorry they are literally threaded rods that go into a plastic fixing bracket that goes onto the under side of the tray and then they have sent 2 lots of nuts one which tightens upto the plastic bracket on the threaded bar and another which i presume you put on the bottom of the threaded bar where normally plastic feet would be

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back