Shower Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have been told my the Mrs (Boss) that she wants the bath taken out and a shower put in, with of course a new bog, and sink, as that is all part of the job (according to her).

Now im looking at 800 x 800 slimline, no taller than 60mm. She wants anti slip, so no shower mat needed. Oh and it has to be square. Not a curved front one, she want a simple pivot door.

Question is, these stone resin ones, are they always anti slip?

Anyone know any good suppliers of such things?

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
800 x 800 slimline
Gosh i would need to be jemmyed into this one :LOL:

Why take out a huge bath and replace it with a pencil case?

If you bend over even slightly your arse is gonna touch the cold sides....and not to mention your elbows banging everything and pushing the door open...

I would take the boss to a bathroom centre and ask her to ignore the size of the showroom and step inside a 800x800

Good luck

I know. But she has made her mind up. Its because I am going to partition the bathroom to create an en suite for the bedroom, so 800 x 800 it has to be.

Cheers, I will go look at the big orange place :)

Sponsored Links
Gosh i would need to be jemmyed into this one :LOL:
I’ll second that; 1000 x 800mm works OK but I'd go for a 1000 x 900mm minimum if possible. If your going for a slim line tray, make sure you can get access to install a suitable trap & the joist direction wont hamper your connection into the stack; presumably utilising the old bath waste run. If you’re also having a shower pump, the waste run should be properly sized & installed get it wrong & you could end up flooding the bathroom with a slim line.

Most stone resin trays (in fact all shower trays) have some for of non-slip pattern on them; I've got one in my own shower room & I've never slipped on it!

I always get my trays & plumbing hardware supplies on-line.

I know. But she has made her mind up. Its because I am going to partition the bathroom to create an en suite for the bedroom, so 800 x 800 it has to be.

Cheers, I will go look at the big orange place :)
Just so your aware, that makes it controlled building works requiring a Building Notice submission & compliance with several B Regs.

The majority of bases are non slip, but i've heard a few stories about some not being, so be careful when getting yours, and either buy one from a store or check one out if you can before buying it online if it works out cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back