Shower tray storage question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may be a odd question. But I have a 1700 shower tray made in stone cast resin with an anti slip coating. I got it early because I managed to get a good deal but it’s not going to be installed until July/August. And being so big it’s taking up a lot of space. Was considering wrapping it in big bin liner bags and placing it flat on the garden deck. But my worry is will the freezing cold weather damage the tray or delaminate the coating etc? Is it safe to leave outdoors?

Sponsored Links
This may be a odd question. But I have a 1700 shower tray made in stone cast resin with an anti slip coating. I got it early because I managed to get a good deal but it’s not going to be installed until July/August. And being so big it’s taking up a lot of space. Was considering wrapping it in big bin liner bags and placing it flat on the garden deck. But my worry is will the freezing cold weather damage the tray or delaminate the coating etc? Is it safe to leave outdoors?

Best to consult the manufacturer.
They have specific guidance regarding storage.
I have, in the past, taken delivery of large trays that have become distorted during storage and transit and have had to lay them upside down on bearers for a period of time to get them to deflect the other way and become true again.
Real PITA!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back