Cannot find the perfect shower tray!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

Out of all the parts of my en-suite install i didn't think the shower tray would be the hardest part to find.

I'm replacing an en-suite that has a standard 900 x 900 shower tray. However this shower suffers from slow flow. I've had the floor up and checked the pipe is the correct size and it's not blocked so i'm putting it down to two points. 1) The length of the run & 2) only a 50mm drain hole in the current tray. There is another shower towards the other end of this run (closer to the downpipe) that doesn't have a problem.

What i want to replace it with is a 1000 x 800 tray, however there are 3 key points that seem to make it hard to find. It has to be non-slip, 90mm waste hole & standard height. None of these low ones with only a 5-10mm recess for the water.

It seems to be hard to find one that ticks all the boxes so i thought i would ask here. I have found 1 online https://www.showertraystore.co.uk/g...in-deep-shower-tray-1000mm-x-800mm-2617-p.asp
However i'm calling them tomorrow because i have a feeling that the anti-slip is added on after the tray is made, not that the tray is made of anti-slip material.
I've installed two Mira flight safe trays in two of the other bathrooms and they are lovely, i just want this one deeper.

Any anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers
Mat

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back