Shower Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Does anyone know of a manageable lightweight bath-sized shower tray for a walk in shower? I'm thinking about 1700x70mm. Ive seen some lightweight stone ones for sale but they are still really heavy. It would need to be lifted up a staircase and around a stairlift.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Lightweight ones are cheap and crap, stone resin or nothing in my opinion

But if you want a lightweight tray Victoria Plumb do them and they are poor quality

Thanks for responding. I can see only one of that size (1700x700mm) sold by Victoria Plumb. It is stone resin and weighs in at nearly 40kg. Some of course are heavier. I was hoping to go lighter if there's anything decent out there.

Sponsored Links
Here you go. Lightweight, but because it's light it's quite flexible so you need to make sure it's bedded down absolutely perfectly to prevent any movement and leakage. Stone resin is much better

Lightweight wouldn't bother prone to leaks, why cant you get a hand to lift up
A stone resin tray or pay someone else to lift it. Amount of those lightweight trays I've ripped out due to movement is unreal infact if a customer asked me to fit one I'd politely decline. Each tomtjete own I suppose
Regards david

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back