shower tripping MCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please can anyone shed some light on this before i replace the shower

Mira electric shower works fine on low and medium pessure but on high pressure it trips the 40amp MCB afrer about 3 to 4 minutes (not the RCB).

Any ideas please

Sponsored Links
Check for correct voltage, check the element, check for a loose connection.

What is the rating of the shower?

When you say 'high pressure', do you really mean 'high heat'?

Sponsored Links
The shower has 3 settings low, medium and high. Only trips MCB after about 3mins on high setting

could be your shower is operating over 40amps a 10kw would peek at 45amp on full load.

10kW @ 240V is 41.67A.

Perhaps it is a higher rated shower.

45A will not trip a 40A MCB - although it might "wear it out" over time.

Mira electric shower works
Mira ATL or similar variant with thermostatic control?
Could be one of the heating elements is failing (they have several), and that particular element is only switched in on the High setting. Or some other fault with the control board which is only noticed on that particular setting.

10kW @ 240V is 41.67A.

Perhaps it is a higher rated shower.

45A will not trip a 40A MCB - although it might "wear it out" over time.
10kw at 220 v is 45.45 amp allowing for the voltage not being continuous stable 240v and it is likely to be a 10.5kw these days

No it isn't. The Wattage will be stated at 240V. At 220V it will 8.4kW and 38.2A.

You said 10kW eleven days ago.
why do you bother ? what a waste of time you clearly are bored and waste of time you being on here.

I reckon the relationship between watts, amps and volts is a pretty important one... but then I'm no sparky :whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back