shower tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When i install my new triton 8.5 KW shower, it trips on a 30ma RCD, but when i take it through the mcb alone it stays on .I switch the mcb on then the pull-cord then as i switch on the shower it trips the RCD

Sponsored Links
DarkInferno said:
Earth fault on the shower? (excuse my ignorance if i'm wrong but it would be what I'd check in that case)
have you got the same problem?

Sponsored Links
is this a split load board - by the sound of it, it is and from what i gather you are swapping the red core of the cable between an mcb on the rcd protected and the non-rcd side to test it, if so then the problem lies with the neutral core from the shower cable terminated into the wrong neutral bar in the consumer unit - in split load boards you have two neutral bars - one for rcd protected circuits, one for the other circuits.

Make sure you have the neutral core in the rcd protected neutral bar when you connect the red to an rcd-protected mcb. If you dont get the neutral right you get an inbalance on the rcd and it trips out when the cable is under load.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back