Fitting A Triton 9.5 KW Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a Triton 9.5 KW shower. I am replacing the old circuit of 30A cartridge fuse and 6mm twin & earth direct to old 8.5 KW shower.
I will be replacing the 30 A cartridge fuse with a 45A MCB Wylex plug in type. Then taking 10mm twin & earth from 45A MCB in CU to a Wylex Fully Insulated RCD Shower Consumer Unit 63A 30mA DP. Then from this 10mm twin & earth to a 45A double pole pull switch. Then 10 mm twin & earth onto the shower.
My question is .... Is the RCD rating ok at 63A or would you recommend something else ??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I will be replacing the 30 A cartridge fuse with a 45A MCB Wylex plug in type
What of the rating of the main switch on the fusebox? (should be a label under/near the switch)
If the label is missing, how many fuseways does the fusebox have in it?

What is the rating of the main switch on the wylex fuse box?

Is the fusebox made from brown or cream colour plastic?

<edit> great minds think alike!

Yes.

As long as the capacity of the RCD is greater than (or equal to) the rating of the MCB then it's fine.

(The 63A just refers to the maximum current the RCD can safely break, just the same as an isolator or other switch - it's not a 'tripping' rating or owt like that, no overcurrent protection from an RCD!)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back