Shower Upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've currently got installed an 8.5kw shower, on 10mm wiring clipped to the inside of stud walls. It's on a B40 MCB with a 30mA RCD. The stud walls may have some sound deadening material in them from what I can see, and the cable run is around 10m.

The shower has started to misbehave and not heating correctly, and I would like to upgrade it if I can to a 9.5kw shower. The new showers I've looked at all specify what I currently have as a circuit when the cable is within an insulated wall, so I don't believe the circuit needs to be modified.

I've read the wiki on Part P notifications, and I'm still not sure if this is notifiable work or classed as minor since I won't need to modify the circuit?

Andy

Sponsored Links
The work is not notifiable.

10mm² is the cross-sectional area of the conductors - not any linear measurement of the cable.

Assuming the cable is 10mm² and correctly installed for the present installation - not through thermal insulation for more than 50cm. -, it will be alright for the new shower.

The work is not notifiable.

10mm² is the cross-sectional area of the conductors - not any linear measurement of the cable.

Assuming the cable is 10mm² and correctly installed for the present installation - not through thermal insulation for more than 50cm. -, it will be alright for the new shower.
Thanks, I checked the diameter of each strand (1.4mm) and worked out the surface area to be sure, as I couldn't see the printing on the cable clearly. I checked the direction of the cable, and it looks like it's not in the sound proofing for more than 50cm so I think I should be OK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back