Shower waste alteration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have a shower waste that isnt leaking which is the main thing but its taking a fair while to drain away.

The central funnel thing goes into a cup, which then spills over into the main waste and away. I think if I cut a section off the bottom of the funnel and increase the gap the waste might have more capacity.

The risks- cut too much and there is no smell barrier? Anything else?

Thoughts or suggestions? Can add photos if needed

Sponsored Links
Trap will probably habe been designed with a 76mm water seal which is the requirement under Building Regs for connecting the waste directly to a soil stack. Removing anything off the bottom will obviously reduce the seal depth, and may lead to other issues with odour. Trap will also have been designed to allow the required flow of water.

I'd be looking at the waste pipe from the shower first, what sort of length is it, and what fall is on it. Also, how long as it been installed, a build up of crud in the pipe may also be restricting the flow.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back