1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Shower waste to 36mm weld

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by hotnuts21, 4 Jul 2016.

1. hotnuts21

hotnuts21

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've got existing 36mm waste which I can't replace and I want to join a new shower waste into it.

I've looked but I'm well confused, the compression fitting should apparently take the solvent weld but the washer is too big.

Is there a reducer I can screw onto the shower waste (40mm??) That has a solvent weld end. I've tried googling but it's not clear what will fit.

Any suggestions as this is all going under a raised shower :(

Pic attached.

Thnks

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. stardanny

stardanny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    McAlpine multifit straight connector might do the job, try either 32mm ( will be a bit tight ) or 40mm ( tight it )

Daniel.

4. hotnuts21

hotnuts21

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    OK cheers will have a look. The compression fitting on the sink waste goes on nicely so I think thats a 40mm, and the shower waste is a 50mm which is why its loose on the pipe.

I will see what the plumb center has in the morning.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local