shower zones

Sponsored Links
Correct, the screen runs on one side and a wall the other with the radiator at the opposite end of the shower head which is exposed.

Had replaced by a professional
(y)

When choosing the equipment to be installed, it would be wise to check with the manufacturer, that it is suitable for the zone it is to be installed. Also an assessment of what if any, potential dangers are by having the open end of the cubicle where the warmer is located

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As I understand it, the screen is along just one side of the shower tray. It sounds as if the adjacent side of the tray (where the towel rail is to go) is 'open' (no screen) - hence my comment that the rail (1m from shower head) will probably be within the (unimpeded) 'spraying range' distance of the shower head. However, I may have misunderstood.
I am not sure what is your concern.

IPX3 is sufficient for sprays, IPX4 is better than this, and the configuration of the shower - and position of the shower head - is irrelevant.

Towel rails are allowed in zone 1 like electric showers.
This is assuming it is deemed suitable for the position by the manufacturer as PBoD says..

Plus of course, having a towel rail which is in the spray-line is not the ideal place for a towel.

I am not sure what is your concern.
As I said, it was a genuine question, not a 'concern', and this ....
IPX3 is sufficient for sprays, IPX4 is better than this, and the configuration of the shower ....
...answers the main part of my question.

However, my question asked about 'wise', as well as acceptable, and one of the issues that went though my mind was ...
... having a towel rail which is in the spray-line is not the ideal place for a towel.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back