Dual fuel towel warmer + zones question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Our shower enclosure is quadrant shape. I have a towel rail which is on an adjacent wall just within 600mm. Which puts the rad in zone 2. The electric element itself has an IP rating of 65 which I believe means it is OK in zone 2.

My question is regarding the connection to the mains. Does the 600 mm zone 2 follow the shape of the enclosure? i.e radius of my shower tray plus 600 mm. Or is the shower assumed to be square for the regs? I hope this makes sense!

Regards,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Anyone? I am curious to know if zone 2 is 600 mm from the actual *perimeter* of the shower or bath. i.e Is it measured radially from curves on a shower tray or bathtub? A sparky is doing the work, I want to know what options I have.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks for the info. Looking at the diagram it looks as though I would have been ok to have my flex outlet plate where I wanted.

Academic now though because sparky has been and gone. He poked the flex though the same hole in the floor the that the pipe passes through. Maybe it meets the regs, but it looks ****e to me :(

Regards,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Where does the flex he's poked through a hole in the floor go to - from your description it sounds rather dodgy...

Its wrong if the electrical cable shares the same hole as a hot water pipe unless there is protection for the cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back