Showers run hot and cold - hot tap in kitchen runs hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I just moved in to a house a lodger. The showers are fairly awful, because they run hottish for a few seconds then gradually run cooler to become tepid/cold then after about 10 seconds start getting warmer again etc... in a cycle.

There are two showers, one upstairs and one downstairs behind the kitchen. Both showers run from mixers and don't have their own water heaters. The upstairs one also has a bath, and when you try to draw hot water into the bath, this also runs hot and cold in a cycle.

However, when I run the hot tap in the kitchen, which is also where the boiler is, then it runs boiling hot and stays hot.

The boiler is a Potterton Performa 24. Pressure is good and holds well. When you draw water the light clicks on and tends to go off after a few seconds and come back on again a few seconds later... but this doesn't seem to stop the kitchen tap running consistently very hot.

Anyone who has any thoughts on whether this can be fixed? It would be handy if I had an idea of what it was, so that the discussion with the landlord could be better managed.

Thanks in advance

X

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back