Shuttering and Ready mix concrete in Birmingham/West Midland

This is very similar to my situation. Its on your projects "replace decrepit garage with garden room ".

its funny you've posted as my neighbour said why dont ijust build it in wood with marine ply walls and plastic cladd the exterior. would be faster and cheaper!

Sponsored Links
A concrete pump will cost at least £600 for the day.

Ten men barrowing on £50 quid a day is cheaper so the barrow boys win. :LOL:
Plus it creates more employment omitting the costly and troublesome machine.
We had 9.8 cube pumped in 1hr 30 mins at at cost of £180.
You stick to barrowing bud.

We use our own 22 ton Daewoo and 16 ton komatsu and Dieci telehandler to shift all our concrete.
The big Daewoo will shift 9 cube in 15 minutes. :mrgreen:

But I know flooring contractors who use barrows. You won't get a pump round here for less than £600 quid.

Hi i'm constructing an outbuilding garage at the back of my garden.

To which Norcs wrote....
We use our own 22 ton Daewoo and 16 ton komatsu and Dieci telehandler to shift all our concrete.
The big Daewoo will shift 9 cube in 15 minutes. :mrgreen:

But I know flooring contractors who use barrows. You won't get a pump round here for less than £600 quid.

When will you realize that it is not about you and what you can do in your neck of the woods and what you can buy concrete and shift it for.

The guy lives in West Mids. I know for a FACT that he can shift several cube of concrete in minutes for £150 cash.

Meanwhile you keep playing with yer 22 ton digger and happy barrowing. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You must be having a laff.
£150 quid wouldn't even pay for the diesel. :rolleyes:

I have to admit I did see one once that we got for £450 and they were only there for half a day. Feckers had diesel dripping everywhere due to them running over a cyclist a few days earlier and puncturing the tank.

It may be not the best place to start a keyboard thumping fight on someone's thread that isn't even involved. Maybe start one elsewhere under the title
" pump or hand job" :D

I'm still waiting for the customary image of some massive shuttering or infrastructure project, to show us how it is done :cool:

I'm still waiting for the customary image of some massive shuttering or infrastructure project, to show us how it is done :cool:
AnimatedDogLaughing.gif

Try this.... :rolleyes:
0shv.jpg

nosefukall thinks the operator of one of these is going to pump you 9 m for £150 quid. What do you think?

I think he's full of sh@it tbh.

You don't need to used an expensive rigid boom behemoth to pump around the back of a domestic house when a small in-line pump (along the ground) will suffice.

The trouble with you Norcs is you are so far up your own back side with your own "spectacular" jobs that you are out of touch with the diy'ers on here i.e. domestic/private jobs.

Give Kingscroft Concrete a call and ask 'em for a quote, might open those blinkers a bit.

FWIW - I usually pay 250 which buys me 4 hours ish - I can either pump off the back through the line as noseall suggests or there is a 16m boom + pipes if access is a bit tricky.

Even as a small pump, he can still bang out 40m3 in an hour.

I think the pump guys are pretty helpful, they'll get the concrete in there for you, all you'll need to do is tamp it up - definitely a saver on the body.

a bit off topic guys.

but does anyone else have any recommendations in the west midlands area for the supply of concrete! calculated i will need 4.5m cubed.

my advice is to get the yellow pages out mate - if you aren't a regular purchaser of concrete then it will pay to shop around as much as you can. These guys will all give you a price over the phone in about 30 seconds. You can make as many calls as you are happy with.

Have you got a poker and bull float to finish the slab or are you just going to leave a tamped finish

Tampered finish to be honest. as im not sure where to get the bull float from etc.

most likely will get the concrete supplied and barrowed from MCP in birmingham, pentos drive. they said £450 with fibres for 25-30Nm, 4.5Cubic metres

Shuttering in, DPM down, Wire mesh in!
Just need to check levels and get the concrete in.

updated pics - latest pics of the job
//www.diynot.com/network/c11rgd/albums/13270

Any one else suggest any suppliers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back