Siamp Storm 33 - Replaced seal, still leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying, slowly, to fix a toilet that has been leaking into the bowl for some time, with the short, annoying refilling of the cistern every ten minutes. I've tried replacing the rubber seal but only seem to have made it worse.

It's an old Siamp Storm 33 flush valve and it seems that the thin, circular plastic part that sits above the rubber seal (removed for the photo) is moving up and down freely when it should not.

vlv2.jpg

This YouTube video (30 seconds relevant) shows it staying in place when he holds up the whole valve.

The only way I can see that it would stay in place is a little lip that the plastic part could be pressed past. But it's so tight that I've no idea how it would ever have come loose, nor how I can snap it back without breaking it.

I can't see the video clearly enough to tell what it should look like. Can someone confirm that this part is supposed to be pushed past that little lip?

vlv2a.jpg

Thanks for any advice, Sarah.

Sponsored Links
Those things seem to have a mind of their own, and will leak for no apparent reason, I usually just replace the whole thing, saves a callback.

Thanks kg - I'll no doubt end up doing just that, just blind hope that it might be something stupidly simple that saves me some money, if not stress.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back