Sick leave

So, you would have us believe that you've got a class full of nubile young ladies and (how to put this delicately) you wouldn't fancy giving any of them one if you had the chance. Pull the other one. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
So, you would have us believe that you've got a class full of nubile young ladies and (how to put this delicately) you wouldn't fancy giving any of them one if you had the chance. Pull the other one. :mrgreen:
The thing is that when one attends leaver's proms, one realises that these are just children, albeit 18 and 19 year old ones.

Sponsored Links
I'm entitled to 100 days casual sick leave per annum (out of my 195 contracted work days) on full pay, or 6 months full pay, 6 months half pay if I get a doctor to sign me off. Whaddya reckon? Good or bad deal?

If this is true,,,, all I can say is,, "I bet your glad you work in the public sector."
Yep the bu88ers on strike, because they think they're hard done by. ;) ;) ;)

I have a cunning plan which involves timing it just right so that I take full sick leave just at the end of what should be my last year of teaching, but which I will have negotiated to enable me to retire a year later.

There is another curiousity which I know a few people managed to do - they left due to illness and got a full pension. But, strangely enough, they came back and did some supply teaching work on the full pro-rata of about £140 gross per day, on which superannuation isn't payable (bear in mind that supply teachers are paid via independent companies). All very odd :confused: One person I know did all this and then got a permanent contract on full pension and on full salary - don;t ask, it don;t make any sense to me either

Very similar to the policeman accused of the killing of a member of the public during the G7 protests.

He'd left the Met (on medical grounds) then applied a few weeks later for a civilian position, with the Met. A few years later, he applied for a position with Surrey Police, then got a transfer back into the Met.
WTF

Plus they are too orange to be credible

Ahh Oranges are not the only fruit, ehh ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

If only Eve had listened to God. There was plenty of fruit, but she had to take the apple! :!:

I have to agree with Canta, Ooha, on this. Children in their 'lover', 'soldier' stages are wierd. ( All the world's a stage)

Used to work on building sites years ago, and it was quite disconcerting the amount of schoolgirls that would hang around the sites ogling builders, labourers etc, at dinnertime and after school. ;) ;)

Used to work on building sites years ago, and it was quite disconcerting the amount of schoolgirls that would hang around the sites ogling builders, labourers etc, at dinnertime and after school. ;) ;)
Calm down - you're not at your reknowned sporting Uni now over in East Anglia.

Sadly never went there Canta,, Although I did 2 yrs at Loughborough Coll of Ed (the original drop out) ;) ;) ;)

Edit, has it moved that far ??????? I'm sure the Towers were still there the last time I passed. ;) ;) ;)

There is another curiousity which I know a few people managed to do - they left due to illness and got a full pension. But, strangely enough, they came back and did some supply teaching work on the full pro-rata of about £140 gross per day, on which superannuation isn't payable (bear in mind that supply teachers are paid via independent companies). All very odd :confused: One person I know did all this and then got a permanent contract on full pension and on full salary - don;t ask, it don;t make any sense to me either
Not sure if they can, to get a full medical pension I thought you have to be incapable of carrying out any occupation at all. Not sure about partial medical pension though. Maybe some medical pension have difference rules?

Sponsored Links
Back