Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm hoping to have a single storey side return extension built on our terraced house. We hope to build along the party wall line but I'm struggling to figure out how the guttering will work without hanging over our neighbours land. I assume a box gutter on top of the wall may be a solution but can't find a detail showing how it would work. We would like to keep the party wall height to a minimum so a parapet wall isn't an option. Can anyone help please?

I'm also struggling to work out a way of allowing us maintenance access to the main roof guttering once the extension is built without needing to put scaffolding on our neighbours land. Does anyone know of a way this can work?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
I do, but someone would normally have to pay for the knowledge of the design

Thanks Woody, I appreciate nothing comes for free these days so just a description would be great if possible.

Sponsored Links
get a box gutter made up to suit.. sit it on the outside wall outlet at one end drop the down pipe straight into the gulley you will have fitted?
its pretty easy. I might have some pictures if i can find them ill post.
We recently did one in Fulham that was 6mtr long taking the run off from a glass roof, but have used the same idea on slate and tiles.
Secret is not getting it made too narrow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back