Siemens dishwasher leaving bits/grit on all the crockery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher has started leaving a gritty residue in the crockery I put in for washing, i.e. inside a mug/bowl I've cleaned and checked the filters and they look ok. I've tried different temperature cycles and it doesn't make a difference.

It's as if stuff is getting through even the finest mesh filter then getting baked on during the drying cycle.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing it's the food particles one, but I've checked all the jets. It's an integrated version so I can't find the model number. It's probably behind the door panel.

are you sure it isn't on the top edge of the door?

Sponsored Links
Your right, I was looking for a sticker, but in the light of day I saw it's an engraving!

SE65530GB/19

Does the water actually get hot? A no-heat issue will result in dirty dishes.

The dishes are hot after the full cycle, would that be down to the drying part alone or do I need to open it half way through and see?

Have you topped up the salt dispenser reservoir recently?
It could be the water softener breaking up - it gives sandy deposits in ours if its been without salt for a while.
John :)

What combination of detergent/rinse aid do you use? have you filled salt? does the tablet dissolve fully?
Open the door carefully in the middle of a wash cycle & check if the water is hot, then position the spray arms to point directly towards you. Close the door again & wait 2 mins before you open it...have the spray arms moved position?

The salt is ok, I use Fairy rinse aid and Fairy liquitabs. It was hot and the arms were spinning when I opened it.

Please don't think I'm being cheeky by asking this...but do you rinse the plates off well before you stack them in the DW? Because about the only other things I can think of is that there may either be a pressure loss on the wash motor (damaged or worn impellor), the matrix/transfer hose is badly clogged, "water points" are not functioning correctly, or the non-return flap is stuck in the open position. You could try running a commercial dishwasher cleaner through the machine...or use good old vinegar & see if that improves things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back