Siemens Fridge Door now won't shut?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have an internal built in Fridge from Siemens and now the hinge / bracket seems to have gone at the bottom and I can't shut the door?

It resists on closing and pings open about 3 inches with some resistance when it closes?

My wife said that a small curly piece of metal shot out the other day, and these look quite complicated hinges. Does anyone have any ideas before I have to shell out for an expensive replacement?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
photo of the hinge?

Have you looked at the illustrated parts list?

The appliance will have been manufactured by BSH and may also have been sold with a Bosch badge.

FF doors can usually be changed to open either side, by moving the hinge, and it will be shown in the instruction booklet.

Sometimes the hinge is on the cabinet, not the appliance.

Have a look at the Siemens appliances website, and look for the parts section. If it is like the Bosch one (both their appliances are made by BSH , which they own in partnership, and are similar) it has good exploded diagrams and some of the parts at modestly priced.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back