Sign Light Design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

having a bit of trouble getting a lighting design for a sign, probably because its going to be 2 lights and companies are not interested in such a small job.

Is there a company someone could suggest who I could contact or maybe look at my basic sketch and tell me what you think.

The customer wants it illuminated but not to bright as there are a few residential houses near by and doesnt want to annoy the neighbours. Initially i was thinking of uplighters but thats not possible as these could be damaged from vehicles (lorries) driving passed. There is little room at the top as the sign is virtually up to the roof so that leaves me with having lights on the side

So what do you suggest or which company do you suggest I could contact, remember the sign need illuminating not to bright and hardly any glare.

Sponsored Links
We use a company who supplies tubular flourescent that can be mounted below and above the sign.

Not the cheapest, but very good quality and looks smart.

If you order, ask if you can specify which end you want the flex entry - They come pre flexed on one end, but it is a pain to alter that after construction! They can be linked from one to the next.

http://www.portlandlighting.co.uk/main.html

Look at their microlux range - it is not as micro as you may thing!
Their signlux is a little large, and more expensive.

Sponsored Links
thanks, there is no sofit is a warehouse unit cladding on the outside asbestos roof - should have made that clear initially.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back