Silavent Mayfair 202b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title said i am looking for a replacement for one of these its shorting out when it runs which is no good, so I've disconnected it but would like a direct replacement at the best value possible any suggestions?

Also what size is the flexible connector my manual doesn't say as i need another worm drive (Hose Clip) and maybe even a little bit of hose.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I am after the cheapest place to get a replacement unit that people may know cheaper places than me.

I also asked the diameter of the hose so i can get a suitable hose clip to replace the broken one, i think its 100mm but not 100% sure and was asking for this to be confirmed

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds, It keeps going pop and tripping the MCB so i am guessing its a stuck motor i've had it down there is nothing that looks out of place it just goes pop when its powered up

i've taken the 3 wires out and its fine with them in a terminal block but not in the unit so i am guessing its the unit

Its a Silavent Mayfair.
You can buy a new one here
http://www.fastlec.co.uk/silavent-m...tion-fan-with-timer-p-14633.html#.U6bh6BbwtZg

Do a search on line and you may find it cheaper elsewhere.

Unusually, it seems to only have an 80mm dia extract duct, so you'd have problems finding a alternative as most use a 100mm pipe.

EDIT
It looks like it comes in two halves, the back plate (with the extract hose etc), and the front part with the fan. So, theoretically, all you need to do is pop the new front on to the old back and the jobs done, and you wont need a new hose and clip, and you wont need to disconnect the wires……….. oh you've done that already….. I do hope you noted which wires went were... :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back