silicone sealant instead of ames taping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had ames taping done by a plasterer. The joiner said it was of poor quality and ripped it down in a cupboard between the walls and ceiling instead of replacing the ames tape he applied bathroom silicone sealant around the gaps can anyone please let me know if this suitable it doesnt seem right to me as the sealant will not take paint.I would grateful for any advice on this. thanx

Sponsored Links
It's bad enough having a poor quality taping job done by a so called "plasterer", but then to have it taken to bits and replaced with silicone by a "joiner" says it all. You don't get jobs done like that even in Bodge City. :confused: You would have been better getting the plasterer back to sort out the taping anyway. But to be honest the joiner using silicone has made it more difficult to sort out. It's horrible stuff to remove, and as you said, you cant paint over it with emulsion. But if you can, take it off and get someone in to re-tape it for you properly this time. Try the Postman, the milkman, dustman, butcher.. anybody, as long as you don't go near the other 2 cowboys you had in earlier.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back