Silicone sealant "stickers"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just had our bathroom done, and had a Mira Mini Duo fitted. I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with these showers, but they attach to the wall via the centre part, and the two water inlet pipes are either side and just kind of slotted over. There are "pipe concealing" plates that hide the inlet pipes.

It's not really important if you don't get what I mean!

Anyway, according to the instalation instructionsthe concealing plates are supposed to have silicon sealant on the back of them (I guess this is because they are not fixed to the wall themselves and as they can move it's to stop the water getting behind). When I looked at our installation there doesn't appear to be the slicion sealant I am used to (the kind you would pump out of a gun), instead fixed to the tile petruding a few mm around the concealing plates there is what looks like some kind of clear silicon donought shaped sticker. You notice it after having a shower because the drops of water stick to it.

Where can you get these sticker things from? What are they? I've had a look on Screwfix etc, and have seen no mention.

Thanks!
I have never seen

Sponsored Links
Most probably from the manufacturer.
They are likely to have been supplied with the shower itself.

I thought that at first, but they are not listed in the supplied part list in the installation instructions, the instructions simply say "Apply Silicone Sealant to back face of the flange".

I'm a little concearned because these "stickers" are attached to the tile, but not stuck to the concealing plates (as mentioned, these are not attached to the wall) and am worried water could therefore still get behind.

I can't take a look now because I am at work. My only other thought would be that these stickers perform a seal between the wall and the copper inlet pipes (rather than the concealing plates), and hence stop water getting in that way. I don't think I will be able to tell without taking the shower apart either.

I worry too much, that's my trouble.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back