Silly Question - How to read that old fashioned Metter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HNY 2024 !
So we have this meter for our freehold that British Gaz have not checked for ages but sadly i am unsure how to interpret and do a proper readin.
Any guidance by any chance please?
Many thanks

Attachments

• 20240106_080028.jpg
    20240106_080028.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 60
Sponsored Links
Gosh, you need to be good in numbers. So hopefully I have read it right and have calculated 8286. Finger cross that is correct. :)

Sponsored Links
You need to read the five dials on the top row, so ignore the red one on the bottom. Starting from the right, work to the left, and note them down from right to left.
So the first is between 6 and 7. Note it down as the lower number, in this case 6
Now read the second from the right, between 8 and 9, so therefore it's 8.
The middle seems to be on the 2, however, because the previous is between 8 and 9 it hasn't actually reached 2 yet, so this remains as 1
The fourth number from the right is just coming off the 9 so is a 9
The last number, on the left is almost on the 1, but because the previous number is 9, it remains a 0
Therefore reading is
09186, as indicated by @DAZB

oh gosh, I misread the instruction. thanks so much for your help and clarification! really appreciated.

oh gosh, I misread the instruction. thanks so much for your help and clarification! really appreciated.
The dials are often slightly misaligned, so you have to go to the next dial and that helps you work it out.

your meter for example:

left dial seems to be on 1 but the next dial says 9 so that tells you the first dial is not quite 1.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back