Silly Sod New neighbour or correct.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a new neighbour opposite my house for couple of weeks now. Went to say hello to introduce myself while he was sweeping his drive. While chatting he offered me some insulation as he said he has left over. Something which made me laugh and got me thinking. 😯😯

The loft insulation he was giving me was not actually proper insulation but from the quilts.

He said he got 200 odd quilts from god knows where,which was ripped and he removed the cover and used it in the loft. I tried to tell him it might cause damp,but what do I know. Is he correct. I just want to know for my knowledge.

Oh btw i promoted diynot by spreading the word to him😄

Sponsored Links
Question?

What types of Quilts? Duvets or something else, like the old fashioned eiderdowns?

No Sir. Polyester quilts. The stuff he was giving me was very light fluffy.

Sponsored Links
'Probably' fine.

Won't work as well as proper insulation.

The main risk is that it will be more prone to mould, but that will depend on whether it gets damp, which it probably won't if all else is good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back