Silver Trowel plastering courses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.silvertrowel.co.uk

Am thinking of doing the £350 course.

Have got a good basic grip of most trades. Done my apprentaship in Carpentry and have since worked as a handyman - decorating, bathrooms, gardening, tiling etc

Anyone have any experience on a course like that or similar?

I just want to be able to do small plastering / rendering jobs rather than having to get a plasterer in.

Sponsored Links
i wouldnt knock anyone learning any trade, but having worked as a carpenter i would assume you have met plasterers on jobs before..... if you have i'd try and labour for them 1st get used to making the right mixes, fit angle beads etc.

but not any advice on silvertrowel, iv heard of goldtrowel and they seem to be the main ones i think.

silvertrowel is slightly less intense/ thorough than gold trowel - and you have to buy your tools - then there is Leadtrowel - cheap as chips and all they teach you is how to **** in a paint tin until it`s almost overflowing :mrgreen: A common past time for old plasterers :LOL:

i did a course very similer to the 10 day course. i found the first week was very basic but did give you the knowledge to reskim a wall. i'm glad i did the second week as it goes into more depth.

at the end of the course i could plaster to a basic level and very slowly!! i then did loads of work on my old house and freebies for friends and family for ages before starting to charge small amounts for the jobs i was doing.

when i started working with another plasterer i realised that there was much more to learn than you could ever get into 1 or 2 weeksand some of the things that i was shown just werent the way to do things. i did the course about 5 years ago and now work as a plasterer, but i still find that there are loads of things that i dont know and have to find out from the net.

kind of wish that i had done a much longer course now. i work with a guy that went to college for three years (part time) and his knowledge and expertise if far greater than mine

Sponsored Links
youll pick it up over time now your on the trowel more itll be easier to learn, i never went to college just went straight to site best way in my opinion but i can see how college works for others.
i ve only been goin for 9 years now and like to think i know enough specially as i priced up a job with the fella who taught me and it turned out i knew more about the regs and generally had a more extensive knowledge of plastering and rendering than him..... finally impressed him (fist pump) haha :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back