Simple manual tool to remove one concrete slab laid on cement/sand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shed base laid using a slablayer (http://www.wickes.co.uk/Blue-Circle-Slablayer-20kg/p/153707) which is part sand part cement, you wet it and it settles after a bit.

Now I've got one slab that is slightly higher than the others (although the shed base is level as a whole) and I feel I need to remove it to re-fit in level with the other slabs, however this slab is positioned right in the middle (please view attached image)
shed-base.jpg

It has settled so it's not a simple pull and it's right in the middle of others so if there's a tool that allows me to remove it to reposition it at a lower level?

thanks

Sponsored Links
spade or smash it up to remove
assuming they are about 16"the shed base should be fine with that one missing assuming the shed has a timber floor

Google brick tongs
didnt know such a thing existed :D

edit ahh for "carrying" bricks in the same way as a board lift yes i know they exist just didnt twig the clue is in the name i just saw slab tongs/lift in my head :D

may be difficult if the postcrete is gripping that and surrounding slabs well

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back