1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Simple manual tool to remove one concrete slab laid on cement/sand

Discussion in 'Tools and Materials' started by Ana Maiden, 20 Apr 2016.

1. Ana Maiden

Ana Maiden

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a shed base laid using a slablayer (http://www.wickes.co.uk/Blue-Circle-Slablayer-20kg/p/153707) which is part sand part cement, you wet it and it settles after a bit.

Now I've got one slab that is slightly higher than the others (although the shed base is level as a whole) and I feel I need to remove it to re-fit in level with the other slabs, however this slab is positioned right in the middle (please view attached image)
    [​IMG]

It has settled so it's not a simple pull and it's right in the middle of others so if there's a tool that allows me to remove it to reposition it at a lower level?

thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. big-all

big-all

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    spade or smash it up to remove
    assuming they are about 16"the shed base should be fine with that one missing assuming the shed has a timber floor

4. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Google brick tongs

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. big-all

big-all

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    didnt know such a thing existed :D

edit ahh for "carrying" bricks in the same way as a board lift yes i know they exist just didnt twig the clue is in the name i just saw slab tongs/lift in my head :D

may be difficult if the postcrete is gripping that and surrounding slabs well

Last edited: 21 Apr 2016
  6. lostinthelight

lostinthelight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What about screwing a thunder bolt through it then use a block of wood on the next slab as a fulcrum for a lever?
    litl

7. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

8. Sponsored Links