Simple Radio Thermostat for living room use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house was built some 22 years ago with a gravity fed system using the old reliable Ideal Classic NF70 boiler and two 2 zone Honeywell valves to control H/W and C/H with a Potterton EP2 programmable timer up in the airing cupboard and a Grundfoss UPS 15-60 pump.

All 14 rads have mechanical thermostats fitted on the end but there was never the wiring down the wall or a thermostat fitted in the living room?
This means the central heating is on for the whole period that is set on the Potterton EP2?

Now there seems to be reasonably priced radio wall thermostats about could anybody give me advice on a simple one that can just be set for a temp to be reached and the receiver to take just the off and on current just like the cylinder thermostat on the copper tank. I have a programmer in the airing cupboard so just one that is reliable and well made that can be just set for temp only i.e.: living room adjusted to 21*C.

Don't want to dig up the floorboards and channel down the full to install a hard wired unit if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for anybody who has used a simple radio thermostat that is well built and not dropping the radio connection.

FlyingBrick

Sponsored Links
As you seem to want a manual stat I can recommend the Drayton mistat manual model.

Model number escapes me but its available on plumbnation etc.

Autocorrect had to be manually corrected for this one :evil:

Hi mogget

Thanks for the information about Drayton. Will have a look as they are just what I need to update my heating system having put in a new EP2 programmer and a Grundfoss pump after 22 years of use. It was still running but starting to tick once hot.

Amazing that they want some £137 for a more top of the range complicated programmed model from main stores but eBay chaps are off loading them at about £50.00?

FlyingBrick

Sponsored Links
I picked one up from ebay for less than half the new price, unfortunately the battery covers were missing but Drayton sent some to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back