Single bath taps drilled incorrect distance to swap to a mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

I am moving into a property that doesn’t have a shower so looking to swap the single taps for a mixer so there is a shower head to use.

Only problem is that when the bath was installed it looks like the holes were drilled by the plumber and are set 10mm too wide to swap the taps over.

Divided between the two taps it’s 5mm each side creating a gap which will leak. Is there anything that can be done to fill the gap?

FYI I am NOT a diyer I have no idea about plumbing and someone will be doing this all for me but would like to know first if it’s a complete lost cause before paying someone to come out to tell me that

Thank you!!!

Sponsored Links
What is the actual distance between the centres of the holes?

I can’t tell exactly as the single taps are still in situ but the total length between the outside edge of the taps is 240mm and the taps are 50mm each

Sponsored Links
OK you're not making it very easy for us to help you here, but from your description I think these will fit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back