single built-under Electric oven cooling/exhaust fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

the good news is we go the keys to our new flat. the bad news is the oven makes a loud humming/vibrating noise even if only the light is turned on.

i found out that it is the cooling fan that is stuck and the motor is being strained. it is a built-under electric single oven (caple 221/fss).

my first problem is getting the oven out of its hole. it wont pull out and the manual doesn't shed any light.

the second problem is; how do i replace/restore the cooling fan?

the third problem is; where do i buy parts for this and is there a generic fan i can use?

the fourth is; is it safe to be using the oven in this state?

it looks to me like the fan is just gunged up with grease and fat so i may just be able to clean it.

all help is greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you have a built in fan oven - the fan is to ensure even heat throughout the oven.

Usually these are held in place with screws into the carcas. If you open the oven doors you will probably find that there are some screws right at the edge of the oven, undo these and the oven should just slide out...you might find that there are a couple of screws right at the bottom of the housing below the door hinges!! just to try and catch you out!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back