single layer stone and mortar wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have 2 metre wall running full length of property.30 feet has fallen down.can any body help me on rebuilding.my thoughts are build 2 metre concrete block retaining wall with 12" conctrete footings and 6" protruding from wall either side.place drainige in base of wall covered with gravel.back fill with gravel as wall increases in height .build stone wall in front.want to put concrete posts on top of wall so build butresses every 6 feet.any suggestions most helpfull or have i got it totally wrong.

Sponsored Links
You need to consider why the wall had fallen down in the first place.
How thick is the concrete block to be? Is there to be a bond between the stone and blockwork? If it is to be a gravity retaining wall (ie having no steel reinforcement), the foundation and wall thickness for a 2m high wall will need to be substantially more than you seem to be implying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back