Single light switch to double.

Sponsored Links
I think that Bernard Manning and his supporters used to use defences along those lines.

Sponsored Links
That's not how evolution works.

Every single mutation which turned the {whatever it was} into a chicken took place in the development of the embryos - an already living {whatever it is} does not mutate into something different.

That's actually BS. Corruption can occur prior to development of the embryos. You're not very good at this are you?

That's actually BS. Corruption can occur prior to development of the embryos.
Much as I'm grateful for your support, and although I agree with what you literally say above, the spirit of what BAS wrote was correct - although he should have written something like "creation and development of the embryos".

As he said, once a particular animal has been created (and born), no amount of mutation can turn it into a different type of animal. However, mutations can, and do, result in the eggs they contribute to being ones which will develop (during "development of the embryo") into some 'new type' of animal.

However, as has been said, only BAS could attempt to turn a very light-hearted comment into something deadly serious. I actually feel quite sorry for him, since he seems to be quite tortured by his passionately-held views about such matters, and would undoubtedly have a much more pleasant life if only he could find a way to 'lighten up'.

Kind Regards, John

However, as has been said, only the sad-cases here could attempt to turn an observation that jokes based on a denial of science ought to be as unacceptable as jokes based on racism or misogyny into an uninformed, armchair-psychologist analysis of my happiness. I actually feel quite sorry for them, since they seem to be quite tortured by their passionately-held desire to show that there is something "wrong" with me, and would undoubtedly produce a much more pleasant forum if only they could find a way to let go of that desire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back