Single or Double Soil Bends?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bathroom path.jpg

A soil pipe is to take a path within a bathroom shown above in green. The toilet would be pushed against the wall, I've just "pulled" it out from the wall to show the bends behind it.

As can be seen, three bends would be required i.e. two behind the toilet and one to exit the exterior wall.

Is it single socket bends which would be required, or double socket (shown below with links)?

Thanks!

SINGLE SOCKET:
ae235

http://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-...l+Content&utm_content=TextLink&utm_term=58258

DOUBLE SOCKET:
ae235

http://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-sp561-92-5-bend-double-socket-black-110mm/68796

Sponsored Links
I'd go for the doubles if I couldn't do it any other way.

Can't you go through the wall behind the toilet or st the side of it?

IMG_1923.PNG

Sponsored Links
Neither, simply a bent pan connector
Though a bent pan connector would make a 90 degree angle, whereas a 180 turn is required behind the toilet. Or perhaps you mean for the bent pan connector to connect directly onto either a single or double socket bend.

Also, presumably, either a single or double socket bend is required where the exit through the wall occurs.

Depends on your pipe too. Ideally the socket is placed on the outside of the upstream end of the pipe. That way the seal is never under any direct contact from the flow of waste water. The area that wouldn't happen is the short sections with multiple changes in direction, best practise is to minimise the number of joins.

So .... A bent pan connector left into a single bend left, single straight length down to the wall exit. Double right though the wall, small straight onto onto a double left/right to outside. If you can though use solvent weld, especially through the wall.

Though a bent pan connector would make a 90 degree angle, whereas a 180 turn is required behind the toilet. Or perhaps you mean for the bent pan connector to connect directly onto either a single or double socket bend.

Also, presumably, either a single or double socket bend is required where the exit through the wall occurs.
That's what I was thinking- into a bend. Into the plain end of a s/s. or into a small piece of pipe inserted in a d/s. double socket bends through the wall will be fine. P.S Mandrab beat me to it and with some good ideas;)

Thanks Madrab.

So .... A bent pan connector left into a single bend left, single straight length down to the wall exit. Double right though the wall, small straight onto onto a double left/right to outside. If you can though use solvent weld, especially through the wall.

So the single straight length down to the wall exit is pipe only, no socket either end which is part of the length itself?

Likewise, the straight section of pipe only through the wall, no socket either end as part of length also?

If you can though use solvent weld, especially through the wall.

Okay, so solvent weld double at wall exit, and solvent weld double left/right at wall outside?

So the single straight length down to the wall exit is pipe only, no socket either end which is part of the length itself?
Nope, the 110mm bent pan connector will go left into the socket of the single ended bend (may need a little piece of 110mm in the socket so the fins fit tightly), the other end of the bend then goes left into the single socket of the long length and then onwards down to the wall exit.

The small piece through the wall is non ended and will fit into the solvent weld doubles either side of the wall.

The small piece through the wall is non ended and will fit into the solvent weld doubles either side of the wall.

Can I just clarify, the bend located at the wall exit (I've indicated with an orange arrow below), would it be solvent weld on each end of the bend?

I don't know if it's possible to obtain bends with push-fit on one end and a solvent end on the other in any case, but thought I'd just clarify.

upload_2017-7-20_15-14-4.png

yes ... If you are going through a wall you want to avoid push fit, the double ended 90 deg bend can be solvent welded onto the long pipe, then get someone to push the small 'through the wall' connecting piece into the socket from outside while you are inside glueing, guiding and supporting that end. or if on your own make that whole length up and then offer it up to the wall and through at the left end and then clip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back