single oven height ? fitter not fitted oven housing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
upon having new kitchen fitted my fitter hasnt fitted my oven housing and bottom panel under where the oven would sit ? not yet purchased an oven..he said he didnt as they come in different heights but at same time wanted to get off..told him it will be a single oven ! although he still has to return to finish other bits etc..i dont want to be left with having to fit this myself when ive paid a fitter 5 days dayrate to fit my kitchen..is he correct in leaving this job or should i pull him upon return...+ what is the going rate for a fitter on dayrate up north these days cheers again :)

Sponsored Links
Your fitter is quite correct. If you don't yet have the oven, then he won't know where the filler panel is actually going. When I fitted my brothers kitchen, the oven he'd bought had to have the filler panel at the top instead of underneath (type of oven he bought) Not all built under ovens are the same as each other, when it comes to fitting them. Personally I'd have made sure everything that needed to be fitted (including the oven) was there at the start of the fit.

fair enough john..i havent bought it yet due to running low on cash for my house project + the house is empty still & i dont want expensive appliances left sitting there..im going to take my induction hob out of the house as well...is it somat or nowt of a job to complete this filler panel + the base that the oven sits on..? im getting a standard single oven so surely this panel/housing will want fitting ? which i will ask him to do upon return as ive still paid him in full to fit my kitchen tbh

When i did my kitchen (magnet) the oven just sat on what i can only describe as a box about 6" tall, this sat on 4 adjustable legs just like the other base units so in this respect the box had to run inline height wise with the other units in order for the plinth to run through. The oven just sat on this box and finished just under the worktop, the front panel just cliped in place.

Sponsored Links
Last Magnet kitchen I fitted had a full unit for the oven, with a drawer almost at floor level. The plinth had to be cut to the width of the unit and fixed underneath the filler panel (so both plinth and filler panel came out with the drawer at the same time)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back