single skin brickwork is damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, ive identified the problem, so ive hacked off internal render 3ft from the floor, ground level outside too high and a clown before me tried close a hole in wall(below dpc) from a service with expanding foam,this is the main cause of the render perishing inside, now, ive got to re render to match the wall, im currently letting the brickwork dry out inside and out, its only one skin, so my plan was to fill hole correctly, 2 x blackjack the infected area(bottom 6 inches) in one main area, then re render to suit, however in places the render was only a few mil(no finish coat on wall)thick, so is not a great depth, brickwork is dry and sound apart from the local area of prroblem, how long am i gonna get out of this work assuming the wall is remedied of damp, ive explained to customer that there are better ways of approaching this, but they require much more money, anyone got any tips on what i can do apart from the above to do the soundest job possible without the customer spending fortunes( ive also told them the need to have a window put in this kitchen extension), it doesnt have one, you can imagine the condensation and lack if ventilation :)

Sponsored Links
i guess i could over board on 2 x 1's or 2 x 2's instead?

because this site is useless when i use my phone to log in, which is where the photos are stored, aint got time to load em to the laptop, technology eh :(

Sponsored Links
can not log in on my phone for love nor money, im away to bed thanks anyway

I haven't tried it, but diynot are making a big deal of having developed an app to access the forum - could maybe give it a go, as I'd hope it would make uploading images as easy as "click here to attach.." "choose existing photo.."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back