Single storey extension - front of house to garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have attached a picture of my property to this post. The only change since this was taken is that my neighbour has put a lean to on the passageway behind my fence.

I would like to know people's opinions over the likelihood of me getting permission to build in front of my property to join up to my garage. This would be a single storey and I am thinking 2.5m depth and approx 6m wide to connect the 2 buildings.

Would there be an issue over light? Either considering the lean to or just behind the edge of that tree is a frosted bathroom window on my neighbours first floor.

Are there problems building infront of a house? Anything else i need to consider?

Finally i am assuming a double storey would be out of question but would appreciate any insight please.

Thanks

Simon
Screenshot_20210523-221711_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back