Single storey to two storey side extension.

It may be because the path (which I assume belongs to the neighbour) creates that visual separation and it’s highly unlikely that neighbour would submit an application for a 1m wide two storey extension.

The LPA will always caveat applications that each is determined on its own merits.

Good point, I will stay away from drawing too many comparisons. However it would perhaps be unlikely our next door neighbour or potentially any future next door neighbour would build on the pathway so potentially allowing me to go up to the boundary.

Sponsored Links
It may be because the path (which I assume belongs to the neighbour) creates that visual separation and it’s highly unlikely that neighbour would submit an application for a 1m wide two storey extension.

The LPA will always caveat applications that each is determined on its own merits.

@DevilDamo - just to add to this post that my plans got approved going right up to the boundary line for the first floor extension. I guess because there would be no terracing effect and the neighbours house is set back and angled in such a way that there is sufficient space.

Sponsored Links
End the end result....
20210721_194145.jpg
20210721_194157.jpg
20210721_194250.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back