Sink trap slightly wrong size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a standard sink trap (not sure on brand) below sink which only the sink and washing machine use. I would like to fit a sink trap with an air admittance valve. I have bought a mcalpine one that I was hoping would have been a like for like replacement (it looks exactly the same) but where it joins to the external black waste pipe in the wall it is slightly too low, maybe by 2CM or so, so the size is obviously slightly different. What options do I have in making it fit? I had a look at solvent welding but I don’t have much space on the straight sections of pipe to fit the connector required for the weld. The part I have bought is called ‘Mcalpine WM2V 1½" Anti -Syphon Sink Trap with Horizontal Nozzle’. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorry everyone, I couldn't figure out how to upload a picture on my phone, please find photo here of my attempted explanation of the problem. The red lines show what the new traps height is, so it isn't inline with the external waste coming out of the wall. I was hoping for some way (or any other alternative!) to make the right hand side section 2cm or so longer to match up with the existing external waste. The size on the left matches up fine.

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 3E80E944-CAA0-41EC-BB55-DAE758E83CB5.jpeg
    3E80E944-CAA0-41EC-BB55-DAE758E83CB5.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 58
You need an adjustable trap. Unfortunately you don't get an adjustable anti vac trap that has an appliance spigot.

You'd need to get creative and re-route the outflow somewhat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back