Sink waste, help needed please.

Not able to do photo at this moment (guess who dropped the houses only mobile and killed it)

Previous to adding the soda I was able to take the trap off, make sure it was clear. Managed to get my mate to take the washing machine waste pipe off and give it a boiled water wash out (some nasty smelling black paste came out but very little. No dish washer. I'm pretty sure it's the waste feed from the trap to outside that has become semi blocked ( washing up water goes down but not at the proper rate). I'm hoping to see an improvement after the fluidised caustic soda has been working a while.

Will report back...

Thanks as always..

Sponsored Links
Whatever, if you do post pics then add a pic showing where the waste goes as it leaves the building?

As we are in 3 high maisonettes, it all goes into a communal waste drain, we are the ground floor so prone to the loons who throw wet wipes down the toilet etc..

So? It will not stop you taking a pic as I suggested. That is unless your waste tee's into a soil pipe inside the building?

Sponsored Links
And can't take a pic as said before :)

And yes it does...Slight increase in flow here, need to do a machine wash to see if it wells up again.

Checked it again and just a small change in flow time, calling it a day on it as I can't be hiring a plumber at this exact second.

Many thanks for all the help, sorry it caused a headache to one person (I had explained in a previous post that I could not take pictures).

Thank you, Paul..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back