Site electricity during replacement build

Sponsored Links
Ultimately if you are building a house and already looking to save £500, you can't afford to build it.
Commercial housebuilders will skimp on the spec to save that or make that much extra, and they know exactly what they are doing.

Thanks winston1 and flameport. I did wonder about a generator but was concerned about the theft risk as well as any possible noise etc.

I could likely sell it on afterwards though and not cost much overall.

Sponsored Links
Or you can use them to pay for the other £1,000 things that come along which you had no idea would come.

Commercial housebuilders will skimp on the spec to save that or make that much extra, and they know exactly what they are doing.

Thanks ban-all-sheds, I agree with both of your comments there. As it's a build for us I'd rather put the money into a pot that can be used on finish than into a pot that could have been saved if I was more experienced / canny. So many things run at about £650+VAT that it adds up fast. Doing some of it myself enables me to justify some higher spec items that at the end of the whole process will be the delighters.

You will need far more than one for a building site - it will be stolen on a regular basis.
Apart from that, you'll need a (half)decent one if it's not going to be a hassle starting large tools etc, or just running some heaters when it's 'kin freezing. And then it'll get through plenty of petrol (or a bit less diesel, but the genny will cost more), and spark plugs, and oil. If you are only using it when working with power tools and/or lighting then maybe practical, but if you are living on site in a caravan then you'll want 24 hour lecky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back