Site with trades people ratings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have started on the long road of doing up a house I have recently bought (my first). I was wondering if there was a site anywhere that gave reviews and ratings for trades people such as roofers and electricians?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yeah, just google trader ratings and you'll see various websites.
Not sure how trustworthy they are tho as I've used those sites for 3 different plasterers and sadly all of them were not very skilled. Word of mouth probably better?

Most of those sites list those "tradesmen" who need to advertise to find work. The tradesmen and tradeswomen who are reliable and do good quality work seldom have to advertise, they are often over loaded with work coming from recommendations from satisified customers to their friends and neighbours.

I used to belong to the"Trading Standards listing", this is a local Council listing service for Tradespeople their requirements to join were of a high standard, but they seem to have gone the way of other listings, just pay a fee and one can join the organisation regardless of capability

Sponsored Links
If not word of mouth you are better picking through trade cards at your local toolstation/screwfix. The internet is full of dreamers.

Ok thanks for the replies guys. I'll ask a few friends who they used and go down that route :)

Back