mybuilder, rated people etc, which is best?

So how do you ensure the tradesperson you hire is right for the job? What is wrong with the reviews? How should they be vetted? Maybe you should go into business recommending people you know??
I'm actually in the business of vetting, assessing, testing and only procuring competent contractors. And I don't get them from a review, or a reference.

Whats wrong with reviews? If you need to ask then you really don't know.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure you won't get charged for the privilege of the recommendation either..
Not sure why you've mashed up two quotes as mine, nor am I sure what your reply has to do with what you quoted?

In this scenario, who's phoning who?

Well obviously there's a tradesperson out there just waiting for your phone call. No need to advertise. Tradespeople have been content with their lot for centuries..

Well obviously there's a tradesperson out there just waiting for your phone call. No need to advertise. Tradespeople have been content with their lot for centuries..

You've missed it. I've got 12 months of work but I'm still getting phone calls. I'm not ringing people up to find out when I can 'fit them in' because I don't need to.

Sponsored Links
You've missed it. I've got 12 months of work but I'm still getting phone calls. I'm not ringing people up to find out when I can 'fit them in' because I don't need to.

Good for you. So what are the people supposed to do that you can't fit in? Think your missing it a bit.

Word of mouth here too. I got a guy off the Internet, great reviews, trusted partner of the local council. Absolutely useless. Worst thing I ever did and never again!!

Word of mouth. Much better.

LOL word of mouth???? Nobody can get hold of a "tradesman" to give their opinions. All the ones I ring either don't answer the phone, say they will "come and have a look" and don't turn up or just generally cannot be a*sed unless the job is in the £20,000 bracket so that they can afford to take 9 months of the year off.

LOL word of mouth???? Nobody can get hold of a "tradesman" to give their opinions. All the ones I ring either don't answer the phone, say they will "come and have a look" and don't turn up or just generally cannot be a*sed unless the job is in the £20,000 bracket so that they can afford to take 9 months of the year off.
Not asking for the opinions of a tradesman?

And am sorry finding out recommended tradesmen from friends & neighbours doesn't work for you.... must be hard. :whistle:

What are you on about?

Sponsored Links
Back